Travel & Development

Faculty and Staff- Please look through the below attachments policies thoroughly. This will save us all a lot of time.

Due to the amount of travel we have, the department would like to inform and remind you of some of our travel requirements and procedures.

  • All faculty MUST submit a fully completed travel request to Jenay prior to leaving on department business. She will not process your travel claim without a completed travel request. Give Jenay adequate time and information. She can pay for airfare, conference fees, and car rentals. She is only able to hold a hotel room for you. You will need to pay the hotel costs at check out and submit the invoice for reimbursement.
  • Jenay is also available to make arrangements for students going to competitions. Faculty or student leaders must provide her with full names (as they appear on their drivers license) and birth dates of all participants. Again, she can pay for flights and conference fees, but she can only hold hotel rooms. Hotels costs will need to be paid at check out and receipts submitted for reimbursement.
  • Just to reiterate; there is no department credit card that can be used for student hotel rooms.There are two ways to pay for these rooms- 1. The students put the rooms on their own credit card, save the receipt, and submit it for reimbursement. 2. The Faculty put the hotel rooms on their credit cards and submit for reimbursement.
  • When submitting receipts; separate and tape your meal, ground travel, internet receipts on different sheets of paper. Do not include meal receipts on the same sheet of paper as your travel or your internet etc. And, be sure to label meal receipts with the date and what meal it is; breakfast, lunch or dinner. 
  • Include all meal receipts when requesting reimbursement. For the most part Jenay will submit your meal reimbursements without your receipts up to the maximum allowed but she will not submit meals without your receipts for back-up. IMPORTANT --If you pay for a meal for students or business associates it is  policy that the receipt(s) be submitted. If the receipt amount is over the maximum allowable per person you will not be reimbursed for any portion of the receipt over the maximum per person. You will also not be reimbursed for any alcohol.
  • When submitting travel receipts; you must include your luggage fee receipts. You will need to specifically ask for the luggage receipts as airlines won't typically provide them unless you request a receipt.
  • REMEMBER: You can now apply for a Concur Travel card to avoid having to use your personal credit/debit.

Travel (International)

Related Content

Support CM

Support CM


Image of student services window

Link to the Admissions Website for information on selection criteria, application deadlines, creating your VIP page and more


Consulting & Training

Learn more about CM's Consulting and Training Opportunities

Learn More


25-35 hours/week of study time

Most College Students Don't Study Enough! Don't be left behind.