Section 7- Financial Resources
Section 8- Industry, Alumni, and Public Relations
Section 9- Academic Quality Planning Process and Outcome Assessment
Section 10- Review of Last Visiting Team Report
Program Mission and Goals
At the core of our Academic Quality Improvement Plan is our Program Mission, Goals, Learning Objectives, and Learning Outcomes. These are the basis for all measurement and assessment.
The following lists the departmental mission and goal statements that were developed by the faculty in 2004 and left in place during the September 2010 faculty strategic planning session. These were presented in the department’s ACCE Self Studies prepared in 2008 and 2014. They have been revisited regularly by the faculty and were reviewed and expanded in September 2017. In 2017, the goal statements presented here were incorporated into the first three Strategies listed in the following sections. This plan has ben periodically updated with our progress on the strategic plan goals.
The Cal Poly Construction Management program builds innovative leaders in the construction industry by integrating technical knowledge, engaging in life-long learning, and solving problems as a highly effective manager through communication and collaboration..
In support of the interdisciplinary goals of the College of Architecture and Environmental Design
The Cal Poly CM department will produce graduates who:
- Demonstrate a readiness and ability to perform in the construction industry.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply problem-solving skills and integrate technical knowledge.
- Demonstrate an ability to participate successfully within an interdisciplinary teamenvironment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional behavior, standards, and leadershipattributes.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written, andprofessionally present ideas.
- Demonstrate a propensity for life long learning and service to the industry and community at large.
The Cal Poly CM faculty will:
- Work closely with the architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) industry andmaintain currency and participation with industry practice.
- Bring the AEC professions into the classroom and engage students in innovative learning experiences.
- Engage in the scholarship of teaching, discovery, application, and integration.
- Engage in life-long learning endeavors.
The Cal Poly CM administration will:
- Secure, develop, and maintain professional relationships with the construction industry.
- Create opportunities for faculty professional development.
- Create a rich and challenging learning environment by providing the staff, faculty, space,equipment and supplies required.
- Encourage and support innovative endeavors and approaches to teaching, learning, and the engagement of students.