Program Mission and Goals
At the core of our Academic Quality Improvement Plan is our Program Mission, Goals, Learning Objectives, and Learning Outcomes. These are the basis for all measurement and assessment.
We provide innovative educational challenges focused on preparing construction professionals committed to excellence.
In support of the interdisciplinary goals of the College of Architecture and Environmental Design
The Cal Poly CM department will produce graduates who:
- Demonstrate a readiness and ability to perform in the construction industry.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply problem solving skills and integrate technical knowledge.
- Demonstrate an ability to participate successfully within an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional behavior, standards, and leadership attributes.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written, and professionally present ideas.
- Demonstrate a propensity for life long learning and service to the industry and community at large.
The Cal Poly CM faculty will:
- Work closely with the architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) industry and maintain currency and participation with industry practice.
- Bring the AEC professions into the classroom and engage students in innovative learning experiences.
- Engage in the scholarship of teaching, discovery, application, and integration.
- Engage in life-long learning endeavors.
The Cal Poly CM administration will:
- Secure, develop, and maintain professional relationships with the construction industry.
- Create opportunities for faculty professional development.
- Create a rich and challenging learning environment by providing the staff, faculty, space, equipment and supplies required.
- Encourage and support innovative endeavors and approaches to teaching, learning, and the engagement of students.