|Job Title||Project Engineer|
Building for tomorrow, today
Over the past decade, Related Construction® has completed multiple large-scale projects with a total value of $20+ billion.
Founded in 2012 by Related, Related Construction combines industry expertise with vertical integration and a collaborative construction management process to successfully execute large-scale construction projects. Our developments span the realms of commercial and retail; hospitality, including hotels and restaurants; affordable and high-end residential; senior living; and interior fit-out. Over the past decade, Related Construction's 250 employee team has worked closely with companies within the Related family like New Hudson Facades, as well as with external construction managers, to carry out impactful projects.
Related California Construction (RCC) is a division within Related Construction. With over 18,000 residential units completed throughout California, we have worked directly with community leaders and partners to transform urban life.
The Project Engineer is responsible for the field and project management of specific trades or areas. Coordinates resolution of field issues and design conflicts.
The Project Engineer is responsible to participate in weekly scheduling and planning of specific trades. Manage cost control systems including all aspects relative to specific trades. Monitor procurement, submittals and design construction administration aspects.
The Project Engineer has the following responsibilities:
- Assist Project Managers with management of Project Architects and design disciplines during the design development.
- Participate in design document reviews. Review from both an Owner perspective (efficiency, cost, operations, function) and Contractor perspective (constructability, conflicts, etc.)
- Participate in early trades contracting and material procurement.
- Project Execution
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of all contract documents and subcontracts.
- Manage field coordination of design and constructability issues. Track all conflicts to closure with zero impact.
- Assist Superintendent field staff with field engineering activities and trade management.
- Manage the project controls process for specific areas and trades to ensure project early delivery and cost savings.
- Maintain contract documents and processes as required for specific trades and areas. Manage all relevant parties and management processes.
- Cost & Schedule Management
- Assist with trade contracting, takeoffs and direct purchase procurement for specific trades.
- Pursue reductions in scope, schedule and cost during construction administration. Resolve conflicts and errors with reductions.
- Manage integration of buyout and procurement schedules with master schedule for specific trades.
Key Role Skill Sets
- Communication: Ability to effectively convey ideas, vision, and issues to execute project goals. Ability to interact with all party stakeholders and highlight priorities.
- Leadership: Works with all parties involved in the project to resolve issues, while ensuring schedule, cost, and design targets are protected. Effectively leads overall team for success.
- Management: Ability to manage direct entry-level reports and outside vendors / contractors. Possess skills to effectively direct, coordinate and manage all parties to meet project objectives.
- Negotiation: Utilize effective cost management skills while addressing design and subcontractor costs. Concurrently project development and design objectives.
- Safety & Risk Management: Analyzes, predicts and creates solutions to issues before they arise to increase likelihood of delivering a successful project.
- Quality: Performs work and processes with attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy.
- Functional: Ability to work in a team environment and independently. Ability to prepare, analyze and forecast budget.
- Behavioral: Professional in demeanor and overall behavior. Takes initiative and takes responsibility/ownership of decisions, actions and results.
- Personalized Health Care: Multiple medical, dental, and vision plan options; Employee Assistance Program.
- Financial Benefits: Competitive salary and incentive packages; 401(k); FSAs and HSA; employer-paid life and AD&D insurance; paid leave & disability programs.
- Social Wellness: 19+ days of PTO; mental health counseling & resources; fertility, surrogacy, and adoption assistance; volunteer days and donation matching.
- Career Development: Learning & training programs; tuition & certification reimbursement; internal advancement opportunities.
- Education: Degree in one of the following disciplines is preferred: Engineering, Construction Management, Engineering & Management, Architecture, other related fields or experience.
- Skills: Extensive experience with project management software, design management and cost control.
- Other: Day to day responsibility for specific trades. A mature professional with excellent judgment and intuitive interpersonal skills. Knowledge and interest of architectural, structural, and MEP systems. Exceptional communications skills – written and verbal. A teamwork focused, self-motivated and results-oriented individual.
***This job description indicates the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all tasks, duties, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Incumbents may be asked to perform other duties not indicated as required.
*May be required to work weekends.
Please note that Related has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, Related employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Send applications or questions to Karen Joe to Apply