|Job Title||Construction Management Internship|
|Location||Southern or Northern California|
|Contact||Jayne Mann – HR Manager – Talent Acquisition|
|Salary||$17 - $25 per hour|
Construction Management Intern
OC, LA, San Francisco Bay Area and San Diego, CA
Temporary Full Time Position
Position Summary: City Ventures is looking for a highly motivated Construction Management Intern. If you are a self-starter and want to learn about the process of building residential projects throughout the state of California, then this is a great opportunity for you. The ideal applicant has some education in the Construction Management field of study, has great interpersonal skills, and can manage a variety of project tasks that range from fostering relationships with home buyers, sub-contractors, and team members.
This position may be in ether Southern or Northern California.
About the Company: City Ventures is a real estate developer focused on repositioning underutilized real estate into residential and mixed-use housing in supply constrained coastal urban infill areas. City Ventures is a leader in sustainable construction and the pioneer of the solar all-electric home movement in California. The company owns or controls over 10,000 lots across California. City Ventures has several active projects throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and in Southern California and is rapidly expanding, which offers significant professional development and growth opportunities to its professional staff.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management in process
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Include:
• Observe and monitor all phases of construction in new home projects to include the start, finish and closing of new homes utilizing City Ventures schedule
• Support the coordination of on-site and off-site construction activity for the scope of work and for all trades which includes mass grading, underground utilities, paving and landscape.
• Assist with the subcontractor schedule and delivery dates for materials
• Observe and Pre-inspect all trades work to determine readiness for all required governing agency inspections
• Observe the work of laborers and subcontractors at several home sites within a community
• Assist with the Inspection of subcontractors work for quality standards
• Learn the process to track and control construction costs against the budget to avoid cost overruns
• Learn how to prepare daily, monthly & quarterly reports
• Support and coordinate the inspection process and conduct walk-through inspections and other scheduled inspections with the homeowner
• Communicate safety standards to laborers and subcontractors; enforce safety regulations on all job sites
• Learn the process of managing the site to follow SWPPPS, OSHA and any other applicable governing agency
Compensation: $17 - $25 per hour
There are no Benefits assigned to this temporary position.
EEO Statement: City Ventures is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send applications or questions to Jayne Mann