The Berg Group
|Job Title||Construction Safety Intern|
Carlsbad, CA or Sacramento, CA
The Construction Safety Intern will work closely with the Regional Safety Manager and National Safety Director to review and revise The Berg Group’s safety policies and procedures. We are seeking a candidate that is passionate about sharing and spreading a safety culture at The Berg Group.
The Safety Intern will be joining the Berg Team that has been a respected leader in the commercial drywall industry for over 50 years. We are a growing company with offices in Chaska, MN, West Sacramento, CA, Carlsbad, CA, Phoenix, AZ, Bozeman, MT, and Naples, FL. The Safety Intern will join our fun and growth-orientated work environment including a fitness center, collaborative workspace, and a competitive benefits package.
- Collaborate with the safety team to further develop safety training.
- Collaborate with the safety team to review and revise safety policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with the safety team to maintain Berg’s company fall protection inspection program.
- Stay in regular contact with field staff in relation to safety practices, toolbox talks, and reporting procedures. Build rapport with the field so that communications are regular and consistent.
- Assist in new employee orientation, specifically safety program training as well as curriculum development.
- Hold field accountable to safety practices; provide spot or safety rewards per Berg’s program to positively reinforce behavior.
- Ability to be a sounding board and defuse upset employees and collaborate closely with the Safety Director as appropriate.
- Weekly reports to National Safety Director with a summary of all job site visits.
- Restocking first aid kits and other first-aid items; eye solution, skin glue, etc.
- Documents, Investigates, analyzes, and reports all accidents and near misses.
- Listen as to what is going on out in the field.
- Work directly with the General Contractor and be a strong point of contact.
- Comfortable interacting with General Contractor and reach out for assistance on situations outside of experience level.
- Ability to communicate in group settings.
- Ability to succeed in both self-directed and group assignments.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Handle safety equipment including replacements and certifications.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suites.
- Up to date knowledge of safety equipment, requirements, and state OSHA
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements/standards
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven talent to retain a positive brand and relationship with a client while in the field.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Construction Safety, industrial/construction hygiene, Occupational Safety, or related field.
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong communicator at all levels
- Strong public speaking skills
- Problem-solving and organizational skills
- OSHA 10, 30 Certified
- Certified first responder
- Ability to travel 35-40% to Berg job sites regionally and do occasional evening site visits as determined by business necessity. Primarily day travel to sites within the local region.