SC Builders, Inc.
|Location||San Francisco Bay Area|
|Contact Phone||(408) 328-0688|
|Salary||$125,000 - $220,000|
Who we are:
Class-A clients. Cool projects. Awesome people.
At SC Builders we have a passion to build – for our clients, our community, and our people. Founded in 1999, SC Builders is a mid-sized, financially secure commercial general contractor. With offices in Silicon Valley and San Francisco, we are known as a premier Bay Area construction company. Our diverse resume of work includes the top technology firms in the Bay Area as well as mission critical, life science, and institutional clients.
Why Work Here?
- Part of an elite team.
- Not volume-driven: it’s about relationships.
- Direct access to firm leaders.
- You will not be micromanaged.
- We’re established but not overgrown.
- Family atmosphere—you are not a number here.
- Community-minded: giving back is important.
- Ever-expanding competitive packages/benefits.
- Ownership potential.
Want to join our team?
What You’ll Do:
Commanding a wide variety of resources in the field, empowered to make all decisions about scheduling and site management, and being principal contact for all trades and activities, the SC Builders Superintendent is our "Field General" in every sense of that term. We give our Superintendents the tools, responsibility and autonomy to get the job done right—every time.
The successful Superintendent at SC Builders consistently demonstrates:
- The ability to create “raving fans” among clients, architects and other stakeholders through exceptional communication and demonstrated passion and caring for the job at hand.
- Strong, resourceful problem-solving skills; ability to plan strategically and articulate action and contingency plans.
- Efficiency, diligence and reliability in completing project documentation.
- Effective team leadership and management; outstanding group-presentation skills; ability to perform under pressure.
- Proactive management of project schedule; willingness to take initiative and find ways to save time and cost without sacrificing job quality.
- Commitment to project safety as the highest priority.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Prepare plan
- Coordinate laydown & staging areas
- Ensure path is safe for deliveries
- Install temporary protection as needed
- Ensure all state and city permits are in place
- Understand all subcontractors’ scope of work
- Buy into and fully understand the budget
- Thoroughly review the drawings
- Prepare and update the master schedule
- Chair weekly subcontractor coordination meetings
- Attend weekly OAC Meetings and review 3-week look-ahead schedule
- Track long-lead items
- Order material for self-performed tasks
- Write thorough Daily Job Reports
- Schedule city and special Inspections
- Pre-punch project and manage punch list
- Keep accurate as-built drawings and review subcontractor as-built drawings
- Complete closeout and final permits in a timely manner
- Proactively anticipate all issues to avoid “surprises” or emergencies
- Implement and enforce SC Builders’ Injury and Illness Prevention Program, CalOSHA regulations, as well as other applicable state and federal safety guidelines with regard to company workers, subcontractors, site visitors, et al.
- Prepare Site Safety Program, chair weekly safety meeting, train and discipline workers as needed
- Conduct weekly Safety Meetings and daily jobsite inspections.
- Ensure high standard of quality control for all involved parties
- Accountable for project quality control and owner satisfaction with the finished project.
Send applications or questions to Katie Flynn