Hill Construction Company
|Job Title||Assistant Project Manager|
Orange County, CA
Nicole Straky, Human Resources Manager
$75,000 - $95,000 DOE
Assistant Project Manager – Luxury Residential Construction
Orange County, CA
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work on the top residential construction projects being built on the West Coast, you may qualify for a rewarding career at Hill Construction Company. We are currently looking to add an Assistant Project Manager to our dynamic Orange County team.
Hill Construction Company sets the standard in luxury homebuilding, combining highly skilled craftsmanship with progressive technical expertise. With jaw-dropping projects being built in San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, and Palm Desert, we collaborate with the area’s most elite and celebrated architects and designers. Our homes are consistently showcased in national and regional magazines including dwell, luxe, Interiors, California Homes, and more. Continual advancement, uncompromised quality and passion for excellence have led Hill Construction to win numerous industry awards and accolades. Please learn more about us by visiting www.hillconstructioncompany.com and exploring our Instagram.
Full time employee benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k retirement plan with employer matching, cell phone reimbursement, fuel reimbursement and potential year-end bonus. We pride ourselves on our company culture – one in which every employee has the opportunity to collaborate, contribute and help shape the future of our growing corporation.
As an industry leader, Hill Construction excels in making the most technical projects look effortless and turning a dream into a home. In order to continue growing and servicing our clients, our Orange County team is looking to add a qualified and enthusiastic full-time Assistant Project Manager (APM). The APM is a critical component of our winning team structure working alongside Project Managers and Superintendents on various custom construction projects. APMs are responsible for the management of project documentation and helping ensure quality and contractual risk management throughout the project life cycle.
Hill Construction Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers team up, alongside the Superintendent, to manage all areas of the construction process.
Day-to-day responsibilities of the APM include:
- Bidding / Estimating
- RFI Management
- Subcontract Management
- Purchase Order Management
- Shop Drawing Management
- Change Order Management
- Project Billing Review/Approval
- Risk Management and Forecasting
- Submittal and Procurement Management
- Bachelor Degree (Construction Management, Engineering, or related field).
- 1-2 years minimum direct experience with project schedules, RFIs, estimates, budgets, contracts.
- Ability to read/bid construction plans.
- Comprehensive knowledge of subcontractor scopes.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with project owners, architects and our office team.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, Management Software).
- P6/On-Center/Revit/Bluebeam experience a plus.
- Sage/Timberline experience a plus.
- Willingness to regularly visit and walk jobsites as well as work in the office.
- Candidate must possess Hill Construction’s core values: passion, integrity, hard work and professionalism.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods, walk jobsites with ease, and bend/stoop as needed.
- Ability to lift or maneuver boxes without accommodation.
Send applications or questions to Nicole Straky