Del Amo Construction
|Job Title||Project Estimator|
Los Angeles, CA
Dependent on experience
Del Amo Construction is a Southern California-based, family-owned company committed to providing the best building experience ever. Made possible by exceptional people, superior service and outstanding results, Del Amo Construction has built a legacy of trust and excellence since its founding in 1968, showcased by a 15% year-over-year growth. With high-level projects ranging from historic renovations, adaptive reuse and seismic upgrades to modular container construction, the Del Amo team is dedicated to providing a “construction concierge” approach, maintaining solid relationships with its clients, partners and employees.
The Estimator prepares an accurate and comprehensive estimate of the cost of materials, equipment, and labor necessary for the construction of a project and provides estimating support to the Lead Estimator. The Senior Estimator runs a complete estimate independently with limited assistance from the Lead Estimator or Chief Estimator – includes bidding, estimating, and purchasing.
- Reviews plans and specification requirements for construction projects to ensure completeness and accuracy and to detect errors and omissions.
- Reviews plans and perform quantity take offs and pricing calculations. Generates trade lists, subcontractor lists, and performs bid analysis. Develops proposed job schedule for construction.
- Assists Project Manager with tasks such as reviewing, tracking, and processing subcontractor RFIs, drawings, submittals, change orders, payment applications, and other project related documentation.
- Negotiates with subcontractors and provides value engineering. Attends project/construction meetings as needed.
- Visits sites as needed to complete estimating tasks. Assists Project Superintendent with office support.
- Interfaces with Owners, Architects, Consultants, Subcontractors, and other stakeholders. Prepares preliminary and final cost estimates.
- Participates in presentations and interviews for procuring work.
- Coordinates and integrates the Architect’s design and efforts with construction schedules.
- Maintains contact with subcontractors and suppliers for purposes of obtaining sub bids and materials quotations.
- Assists in preparing bid packages, pre-qualification of subcontractors, subcontract and vendor bid lists, invitations to bid, bidding instructions, and bid forms.
- Reviews estimates with PM team prior to subcontract
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, scheduling software (Primavera, MS Project, or Phoenix), 3-D design, and Pipeline. Procore experience highly desired.
- Capable of running a complete estimate independently with limited assistance from Lead Estimators or the Chief Estimator
- Ability to create both conceptual and fully developed and detailed estimates
- High level of urgency when needed
- Self-motivated and driven
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret constructions drawings and specifications
- Ability to make accurate judgments and calculations
- Working knowledge of construction costs and principles
- High level multitasking skills and organization capabilities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to work as a collaborative team member with other departments
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong development of estimating, communication, financial, analysis, budgeting, purchasing, and negotiating
Send applications or questions to Johnny Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.